How to Delete My Yahoo Account Forever?
Over the last ten years, Yahoo has been one of the prominent email service providers in the digital world. The platform is also one of the people’s choices in using it in the first place. Trying out in using other email platform is the reason for why some of the Yahoo users want to delete their current accounts. The other reason could be the Yahoo platform is often victim to cyber attacks more than other mailing services. Hence, protecting the data is the noteworthy reason to delete the account, avoiding any further illicit activities by the hackers.
Things to Do Before Deleting the Account
- The first thing you must do is to backup all your informative data of the Yahoo mail account and attachments in order to avoid losing important information attached to the account. The alternative way you can follow is to forward them to your secondary email address.
- The second thing you must apply is to export your Yahoo contacts. Valuable contacts must be secured first, as it can be distressing if they are gone. In order to export your contacts, open your email and move to the contacts option. Click the option of “Action” and then Export to a secondary location.
- You must cancel any paid Yahoo subscription services to avoid unwarranted charges on your account.
- The last thing you could do before deleting the Yahoo account is to remove the third-party access to the account. Replace all third part access with a secondary email.
Steps to Follow Deleting Your Account
- To begin with, go to the Yahoo account Delete page.
- You will be prompted to sign in to your account. You will need to input your username and password in the required field. If you got an account key set up, you will be shown your phone number; after that, you will be asked to fill in a CAPTCHA for security reasons.
- On the next screen, you will see a page titled “Before continuing, please consider the following information.”
- Now, scroll down the page hitting on the Continue delete my account.”
- You will need to re-enter your email address in the empty field provided.
- A confirmation page will be shown up with two options: Terminate this account or return to account information. So choose to click on the Terminate This Account.
- Confirm the deletion by check on the message, “your account has been deactivated and scheduled for deletion.”
Contact through Help Desk
Another option for you would be to contact the Yahoo customer service via an online help desk and request them to delete your account – or the problem you are facing while proceeding with the deletion process. You can contact our expert through Contact4Email straight away.
However, the complete deletion process would take around three months. If you logged in to your account during this period, you could retrieve the account and all the stored information. It is essential to know that even if you deleted the account, Yahoo service might store some information in their records. So visit Yahoo’s Data Storage and support page to understand more.
Do You Want Assistance from a Live Yahoo Expert?
Contact4Email is partnered with many big tech organizations having staffed with experts and former employees like Yahoo that can chat with you 24/7. The tech experts are very helpful in providing the exact methods resolving your issues on time. Sometimes, it is nice to have someone who helps you through many issues.
Why Does Contact4Email Bring in “How-to” Guide for Yahoo Problems?
Contact4Email has been working for almost a decade in offering guidelines about several big organizations’ technical issues like what you are facing with the Yahoo currently. We started with the contact information and speedy ways to reach individuals at big companies; particularly ones with the weak contact menu system. Then, we realized that customers still required more detailed help in resolving the most common issues. Hence, we expanded our valuable guide, at least to those who are encountering frequent technical glitches. Please let us know if you find this guide as helpful and share it with your loved ones.