How to Recover My 2-Step Verification on Gmail?
If your phone was stolen, you are likely to have issues with your Gmail two-step verification. Google has been invented the two-step verification process to offer you an extra layer of security. If someone gets into your account, he/she could change the password keeping you away from accessing your account, impersonate you and send offensive emails to your contacts – or try to steal your financial information.
Use the 2-Step Verification
Try considering the two-step verification process to secure your Gmail account. Follow these steps to set it up:
- Go to your Google account and click on the security option.
- Click on 2-step verification.
- Hit on the Get started.
After getting started with the setup process, continue with the following steps to improve your security and set up a security key.
- Go to your Google account and hit on the security option.
- Try signing in to Google panel and then 2-step verification.
- Check the list of options provided to you and one of them will be the option to backup codes. So click on it.
Follow the steps given below to update your recovery email address.
- First, go to your Google account and click on the option of the Personal Info.
- Click Email on the Contact Info panel.
- Next, add your recovery email.
You may choose to add a recovery phone number if you want.
If you lose your device in case while logged in to another device, you may not need a verification code. However, you can still get into your account using 2-step verification codes, back-up codes, or Google prompts. After that, you can try adding a different security key when you manage to login to your account.
In case, all the attempts failed, you may need to fill out an account recovery form. This option would be the last resort as it takes a lot of time. You may not be able to complete it in one-day. Try following the steps below to fill out the form.
- First, use your credentials to sign in to your account.
- Next, move to the verification page and click on the more options.
- Click on the Get help option.
- Google will offer you with an account recovery form that you need to fill. The filled up form helps them to verify that you are the authorized owner of the account. Some of the common queries could be asked like when you created your account and whom you contact frequently.
If you are still doubts about any of the steps mentioned above, contact Google’s support team for help.
Do you Require Help on this from a Real Live Expert?
Contact4Email is proud to have incorporated with technical experts and former employees of organizations like Gmail that can speak up with you by 24/7 and let you have resolving methods to fix issues like the one you are facing. Sometimes it is nice to work on with an expert in fixing any sorts of issues.
Why Does Contact4Email Provide Guidelines on Gmail Problems?
Contact4Email has been working over a decade in sourcing out information about big tech giants like Gmail in order to help individuals resolve several issues in a quick manner. We started collecting contact information and the fastest way to reach a person at big organizations, particularly ones with complicated phone menu system. Then, we realized that individuals still needed more detailed help in resolving the most common issues. So we expanded our reach in offering a set of guidelines, which has been growing every single day. In case, if you spot any issue or doubt with the steps mentioned above, please let us know by sending us your feedback. Well, if you like our informative guidelines, please share it with your loved ones.