How Do I Recover My AOL Account?
AOL is an American web portal and a prolific online service provider that has over a million users. Apart from being just a web portal, it provides services such as email, instant messaging, and web browsing as well. Through the AOL account, users have an opportunity to avail of several services on its platform. However, some of the AOL users like you are facing difficulties in recovering their accounts. If not mistaken, in most cases, they do opt for account recovery because they might have forgotten the password.
You must not be worried about what you forgot or what you are not able to do yourself. Here, you are provided with the steps for your AOL account password recovery.
- First thing first, go to the AOL website.
- Click on the Login/Join at the top right corner of the page.
- Enter your Username or Email in the requisite field.
- Click the Next option.
- Click on “I forgot my password” link.
- Next, enter the phone number that you must have mentioned during the time of yourself in registering for a new AOL account holder.
- Hit the Next button. AOL will start verifying, as you are a real owner of the account. A message of verification will be sent to your inbox.
- Hit on the Yes, text me a verification code. Otherwise, you can request a phone call for verification code.
- Enter the verification code in the required field and click on the Verify button.
- Enter a new password and click Save and continue to your account.
AOL also provides its users another option through which you can reset your password via email address. To do this, follow the bullet points mentioned in steps.
- Click on the Try another verification option and go to the Email a reset link to my recovery email address.
- Hit the Next button.
- Click Close and check your email where AOL would send the reset message.
- After checking into email, tap on the Reset password button given or the link provided.
- Now, enter a new strong password on the redirected page and Click the Save button.
The third option you can choose to recover your account by answering a security question that you must have answered at the time of your account sign up process. This method is easy and can be done in few steps.
- Choose “Answer security question”.
- Enter the answer to the question.
- Make sure that you have given the correct answer.
- Then, enter a new password in the space provided and click the Next option to complete the process.
For the safety and security of the users, AOL suggests all of its users to not click on any sorts of links via email requesting them to change the password. Such emails may come from hackers and malicious parties. While checking on the emails, users must check the URL by clicking on the link whether it is authentic or not. Users are advised to keep their password strong and secure by avoiding simple ones. Use a long password with a mix of letters, numbers, and special characters for having a strong password, which would not be possible for anyone to guess.
Want Assistance on this From a Real Person?
Contact4Email is proud to provide assistance for AOL users to get their account to be recovered. Our tech supporters are available 24/7 to help you out from several issues you might come across. Sometimes it is nice to have an expert to help you out a persisting issue.
Why Does Contact4Email Write Down How-to Guides for AOL Issues?
Contact4Email has been working for over many years in sourcing out much important information about various big tech companies. We started via contact information and the quickest way to reach the users at big tech companies. We expanded our information guide over the years. In case, if you face any issues with our How DO I Recover My AOL Account? Guide, please let us know by sending the feedback. If you appreciated our guide, please do share with your friends, relatives, and closer ones.