How to Recover My Hacked Yahoo Email Account?
Yahoo mail is one of the popular email service providers in the digital world we live in today. However, many of its users’ accounts do get hacked by illicit actors often if they are not able to secure properly. Once your Yahoo mail account is hacked or illicitly acquired by hackers, you will not be able to further access to your account. However, there are some measures available that you must follow our helpful tips to recover and secure your account successfully. You can do so either by phone number or recovery email address.
Recovering a Hacked Email Account
To recover your Yahoo account via a PC, Go through the steps described below:
- Open the official website of Yahoo or Go to the Yahoo app on your device.
- Open the main page of Yahoo, and Hit on the option of log in.
- Click on the option of Difficulty signing in?
- Enter the recovery email address or type the phone number that is registered in your Yahoo email account.
Enter your Yahoo email ID here given that you are not sure about the information you have availed to Yahoo.
- Hit on the “Continue button”.
- Retrieve a verification code. Select the option of Yes, and text me an account key if you have entered your phone number or choose the option of Yes, send me an account key if you’ve used your recovery email:
- For a phone number, go to your message application and open the message sent by Yahoo. Review the code that you receive.
- For a recovery email address, just open the mail inbox of your Yahoo account and hit upon the option of the email sent by Yahoo and review the code you get.
- If you have opted for entering your Yahoo email ID, type the missing letters/numbers from the listed recovery options and then follow the above-mentioned sub-steps about a recovery email address and a phone number.
- Enter the 8-character verification code into the text box that appears before you at the center of the page.
- Hit on the option of Verify.
- If you have several Yahoo email accounts that use the same recovery email or phone number, select the one that you want to recover.
- Reset your password immediately from being hacked in the future.
How to Secure Your Yahoo Email Account?
- To begin with, login to your Yahoo account from the system’s browser.
- Click on your name displayed at the upper-right corner of the page.
- Click on the Account Info on the drop-down menu that displays out.
- Choose the Recent activity on the left corner of the page.
- Next, look for a list that displays out all your account’s currently logged in locations. If your email account has been hacked and the attacker is still logged in, that means you will be able to see their location on that list.
- Sign out of any unrecognized locations.
- Move to Account security on the left-hand side of the page.
- By Scrolling down, select the two-step verification switch. This feature would make difficult for hackers to access your account.
- Enter the phone number you wish for in setting up the two-step verification feature in the pop-up Windows.
- Choose the option of Send SMS at the bottom part of the pop-up window. This will prompt Yahoo to send you a text on the given phone number.
If you want to get the verification code via a call, Hit the Call me option.
- Go to the “Messaging app” on your phone to retrieve your verification code – or hang around a few seconds for Yahoo to call you instead if you have selected the Call me option.
- Type the “verification code” and click the verify button.
- Select the Skip option for now. By doing that, you are affirming your decision to activate the two-step verification feature in your accounts.
Want to Get Help on this from A Real Person?
Contact4Email is proud to have been collaborating with a US-based firm that incorporated with experts as well as former employees of companies like Yahoo that will chat with you 24/7 and fix the issues you are facing. However getting our best service is not free, the price is reasonable and sometimes is just easier, less confusing, and more than value. It is often nice to have an expert member having skilled with much more expertise to assist you in resolving a sticky problem.
Why Did Contact4Email Write, “How Do I Recover My Hacked Yahoo Email Account?”
After getting to know thousands of Yahoo customers have come to Contact4Email in search of the answer especially to this particular query – How do I recover my hacked Yahoo mail account, we decided to provide you guidelines to eliminate such persisting issue. However, it does take time to write such steps with minute research, if in case, you still find difficulties to do, contact our Yahoo customer executive straight away. All the best and please let us know if you have successfully fixed the issue with our guidance from this page.
Why does Contact4Email Write How-to Guides for Yahoo Problems?
Contact4Email has been working for over 10 years in sourcing out information about big Digital corporations like Yahoo in order to help customers around the world through our online services. We started out knowing where the big organizations like Yahoo are lacking particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems – or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer based helpline service. By which, we realized that customers still needed some detailed assistance in resolving the most common issues. Moreover, if you spot any issues like this query, please let us know by sending us feedback and we will be grateful for providing out the best possible guiding steps. If you appreciated our guide, please share it with your much loved ones.